Senior Technical Engineer
Mojix – Remote position
Senior Technical Engineer
Mojix, LATAM – Remote position
Wanted: Senior #Technical #Engineer. As we continuously are welcoming new customers, we are also looking for talented support engineers to help us achieve an outstanding customer experience while ensuring they get the best value from the Mojix experience.
The Senior Technical Engineer role/individual plays a key, hands-on role throughout the customer lifecycle starting with ensuring that projects are properly specified, working with Project Managers to build accurate project plans, completing assigned project tasks in collaboration with the project team, and serving as the primary engineer/administrator for selected Managed IT Services customers to ensure delivery of contracted services as per requirements.
Team members must be comfortable working in a dynamic environment, with customers located in multiple geographies, and be willing to adjust schedules to meet the needs of the customer. Participation in 24×7 on-call rotation is required. Position Location.
This role is available in LATAM.
The Senior Technical Engineer is expected to:
- Serve as Primary Engineer/Administrator for Managed Services customers.
- Collaborate with Technical Support Analysts and Technical Project Manages to provide ongoing services in keeping with customer support plans.
- Work with the support team to develop, maintain, and deliver customer Periodic Review plans.
- Serve as a primary escalation point for customer issues arising from Technical Support as needed (includes 24×7 response)
- Participate in on-call rotation (Team cycle is 24x7x365 coverage).
- Project Team Member Collaborate with Project Manager and other team members to create accurate project plans.
- Execute project-related tasks as per the project plan.
- Advise the Project Manager/team members of schedule changes with an impact on the remaining schedule and required effort.
- Provide support for technical challenges as they arise on the project.
- Work with the project team to develop detailed go-live plans.
As a true member of a human-scale team in LATAM, you’ll benefit from…
- Working with multicultural teams in US and LATAM.
- Working directly with decision-makers.
- 5+ years’ experience installing, configuring, and administering Windows Server environments, preferably in a cloud hosted environment.
- Experience installing and configuring MS SQL Server.
- Experience supporting enterprise application software.
- MCSA or comparable certifications or work experience Bachelor’s degree in a related field.
- Experience with Azure/AWS
- Experience with all aspects of Windows Server administration
- User Maintenance, Login Scripts & Profiles, Domain Types & Trusts, Group Policy, Replication & DFS RDS & Server Farm administration
- UPD / Roaming profiles, Brokered Farms IIS Installation, Configuration, & Administration
- Strong awareness of networking (DNS, DHCP, Routing, Layer 2 & 3)
- Print Server / Driver Administration
- Exposure to Linux Monitoring / RMM Tools (Nable preferred)
- Case Management & Documentation
- Software Installation
- Scripting Capabilities (Powershell, Batch, CMD, VBS) desirable