Accounting Manager (France)
Mojix, France – www.mojix.com
We’re looking for a detail-oriented, proactive, hands-on individual to be responsible for all financial aspects of our French Entities, Mojix SAS and Tagsys SAS.
Mojix is a leading Software as a Service (SaaS) provider of Item Chain Management solutions to consumer brand, retail, food, and industrial enterprises around the globe. Our platform applies innovative data science to transform item-level data into valuable operational intelligence, helping organizations manage the entire life cycle of billions unique identities from source to sale to consumer. We have offices in the US, France, and LATAM.
About the Role
We’re looking for a detail-oriented, proactive, hands-on individual to be responsible for all financial aspects of our French Entities, Mojix SAS and Tagsys SAS. Reporting to the Global CFO in the United States, you will work closely with our French Chartered Accountant, US Finance team, and the Mojix Business team in Paris to ensure all French financial transactions are recorded accurately and timely, all French compliance is handled properly, and the necessary information for global financial reporting is prepared and sent timely. The ideal candidate has experience in French GAAP/bookkeeping, French compliance, French payroll, and very strong English language skills. Join our small but dedicated team to help establish the processes and procedures that will support the company as we continue to expand!
- Responsible for all Finance and Accounting functions, reporting, and compliance for Mojix’s French entities
- Manage monthly close and financial reporting
- Full accounting cycle, including general ledger, account reconciliation, accounts payable, accounts receivable, and payroll entries
- Ensure consistent coding of transactions in accordance with the company’s chart of accounts
- Responsible for the timely review, adjustment, and reconciliation of general ledger transactions / balances to ensure accuracy and completeness
- Track, monitor and process recurring journal entries including depreciations, provisions, and accruals in a timely and accurate manner
- In conjunction with French Chartered Accountant, ensure correct payroll, VAT/TVA returns, Annual Accounts, annual audits, tax returns, etc.
- Point of contact for Annual External Audit(s)
- Maintain a permanent regulatory watch/update (accounting and tax) and advise corporate parent
- Degree in Accounting, Finance
- 5 to 7 years minimum of experience in General Accounting (French, IFRS, US GAAP) Experience working in the Tech sector (SAAS) is beneficial but not essential
- You must be able to speak English & French fluently, as this is a truly international environment
- Proactive self-starter who is disciplined, organized, thorough and has the ability to work with autonomy, attention to detail and proactivity in a global team environment where other members of your team are in different countries around the globe and your direct supervisor is in the US
- 6+ years of experience in/knowledge of French Payroll / Human Resources practices preferred
- Excellent excel skills required
- Quickbooks Enterprise experience preferred but not required
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to multitask
PLEASE INCLUDE A COVER LETTER WITH YOUR APPLICATION, we read them!