70% Of Enterprises Invest In IoT To Improve Customer Experience According To Forbes
According to Forbes, the following insights were taken from an online survey of 908 IT decision makers from global enterprises competing in healthcare, manufacturing, retail and transportation and logistics industries. The survey was completed in August 2017. In total, 908 IT decision makers from nine countries were interviewed, including the U.S., U.K./Great Britain, France, Germany, Mexico, Brazil, China, India, and Australia/New Zealand. The resulting report, or Intelligent Enterprise Index as it was called, was designed to conceptually understand where companies are on the path to becoming an Intelligent Enterprise.
- Improving customer experience (70%) and safety (56%) are the two areas enterprises are using data generated from IoT solutions most often today.
- 62% plan to deploy IoT initiatives company-wide in the future
- 53% expect data generated from their IoT solutions will assist in increasing revenues in the next year.
- 51% expect data from IoT solutions will open up new markets in the next year.
- 42% of enterprises are spending an average of $3.1M annually on IoT.
Latest posts by Jim Donaldson (see all)
- Will 2018 be the Defining Year of Retail Technology Trends? - May 24, 2018
- How IoT Can Enable Plant Safety and Security - May 15, 2018
- IoT in Retail – Leveraging Smart Devices and Smart Products - May 11, 2018
- How The Internet of Things Enables Global Industrial Supply Chains - May 7, 2018
- Transforming Retail Supply Chain Management - May 1, 2018