70% Of Enterprises Invest In IoT To Improve Customer Experience According To Forbes
According to Forbes, the following insights were taken from an online survey of 908 IT decision makers from global enterprises competing in healthcare, manufacturing, retail and transportation and logistics industries. The survey was completed in August 2017. In total, 908 IT decision makers from nine countries were interviewed, including the U.S., U.K./Great Britain, France, Germany, Mexico, Brazil, China, India, and Australia/New Zealand. The resulting report, or Intelligent Enterprise Index as it was called, was designed to conceptually understand where companies are on the path to becoming an Intelligent Enterprise.
- Improving customer experience (70%) and safety (56%) are the two areas enterprises are using data generated from IoT solutions most often today.
- 62% plan to deploy IoT initiatives company-wide in the future
- 53% expect data generated from their IoT solutions will assist in increasing revenues in the next year.
- 51% expect data from IoT solutions will open up new markets in the next year.
- 42% of enterprises are spending an average of $3.1M annually on IoT.
Latest posts by Jim Donaldson (see all)
- IoT in Manufacturing: Improving Productivity and the Bottom Line - September 24, 2018
- Operational Intelligence and Business Intelligence: What’s the Difference? - September 6, 2018
- The Rise, Fall and Return of RFID - September 4, 2018
- Adopt Real-Time Data Analytics Now or Get Left Behind - August 23, 2018
- Retail IoT: The new cashier-free stores transforming shopping - August 21, 2018