Is the Role of RFID in the Internet Of Things being Underestimated?
Sweden-based Memoori Research recently publish an interesting blog post about the role of RFID in the Internet of Things
The term Internet of Things (IoT) was first coined by British entrepreneur Kevin Ashton in 1999, while working at Auto-ID Labs, specifically referring to a global network of objects connected by RFID (radio-frequency identification).
Over the past 17 years IoT has risen to be a ubiquitous term for all connected things as part of the cyber-physical industrial revolution, while RFID has taken a back seat to connected sensors. However, recent developments are putting RFID back at the forefront of the technological movement it started. More…
Latest posts by Jim Donaldson (see all)
- 2017 Annual RFID Journal Award Winners Use Mojix Technology - May 26, 2017
- RFID Technology Market Worth $40.5 Billion By 2025 - May 24, 2017
- Has RFID Technology Arrived? - May 18, 2017
- Mojix Highlights Wide-Area RFID Systems and IoT Platform Solutions at 15th Annual RFID Journal Live Conference - May 5, 2017
- Mojix Featured at Microsoft’s New York City Demo Day - May 3, 2017