QA Software Engineer with 2-3 years experience in creating test plans for software, executing plans, testing, and release management. Support developers in improving their own verification and validation. Plan and conduct tests at the subsystem and system level. Select test methodologies; analyze requirements for test-case creation and planning. Log results, maintain test records, identify work arounds, and assist in failure-mode reproduction, verification. Contribute to design reviews and product improvement. Applicant should be able to provide first level troubleshooting of problems found during testing, including the ability to identify and distinguish between hardware, firmware, software and driver issues.
- In-depth understanding of Linux operating system and development environments
- Experience with TCP/IP Networking
- Knowledge of Subversion, or experience with other version control systems
- Experience with any of: Java, Python, Perl, C++
- Familiarity with SQL.
- Good communication verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to write test plans, cases and reports
- Ability to work with minimal supervision, in a team environment
- Ability to travel if necessary
Basic Qualifications: BS Computer Science or Computer Engineering, minimum 2 years experience with above essential skills